18 May 2005

May meeting - a branch record!

Another cracking turnout - of two. But I still haven't missed a meeting since I joined the union, so bobbins to all of you! If I keep it up I'll get a carriage clock when I'm 90, or something.

Sec's (tee hee) on holiday, but basically we had to hand out some material from the Campaign for Press and Broadcasting Freedom and pass a couple of membership applications. Those will have to wait until the next meeting as two members does not a quorum make.

The next meeting, as it happens, is our June summer solstice barbecue. 7pm, Tuesday 21 June on the beach near Sackville Gardens. The branch will provide food and barbecues, so just bring booze. And if it rains we'll retire to the pub nearby...

It would be really rather grand if more than two people showed up. A girl can only eat so many sausages, and I have no dog to help.

BTW, there are quite a few new members signed up to contribute to the blog now. Where are they all? I dunno. I feel like I'm scribbling on the back of my text book in Maths. Is anyone out there? Should I just get a life?!

No comments: