15 February 2007

Feb meeting - negotiate better rates

Journalist and media career coach Joanne Mallon will be sharing her tips on how to negotiate better rates and terms with commissioning editors. The talk will be held in the upstairs room of the Cricketers Pub on Black Lion Street, Brighton, from 7.30pm, on Tuesday February 27th Feb. Those already freelancing or staffers hoping to earn some money on the side will find this a useful talk packed with practical advice.

Joanne Mallon worked for ten years as a TV producer on shows including GMTV and This Morning, and her media coach work has been featured in The Guardian, The Independent and The Evening Standard. She regularly writes for national newspapers and magazines.

Check out her website at www.MediaLifeCoach.com for more information.

Hope to see you there,

Rachael and Adrian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My apologies fo missing the January meeting but 4 weeks ago I had a cataract operation on my right eye. I am due to have another one on my left eye really soon - I will know the date tomorrow, but even if it is on February 26th I will make the meeting on 27th as I know what top expect and should have no ill effects. It is only a half day job! Rachel is doing a great job trying to drum up trade for the meetings so please come along and support us. Amanda, Joint Chairman